The Southampton Guide
The Southampton Guide is a content driven destination brand to inspire visitors to Southampton, providing them with the many reasons to visit and to stay in the city longer.
The Marketing Collective are fantastic. They have helped our business to gain extra exposure through a number of their marketing channels – both online and offline. They recently took on one of our missions in our Southampton venue and wrote some content for us, helping with exposure on the website and through their Southampton social channels.They are often in touch with us to ensure that we get mentions on all blog articles that they produce and regular shout outs on social media – The Marketing Collective are passionate, professional and friendly. Always there to help and they have a really good tone of voice in their copy. I recommend them wholeheartedly.”
Peter Gale – Director at Exciting Escapes
What we do:
- Design and publishing of The Southampton Pocket Guide – annual circulation of 120,000 copies.
- Design large scale posters at Southampton Airport and Southampton Cruise Terminals.
- Planning and storyboarding for ‘Reasons to Visit Southampton’ promotional video launched in 2015.
- Relationship and ambassador building with city stakeholders and influencers including the cruise industry, city-wide communications and culture groups.
- Write optimised content in the form of blogs and news for The Southampton Guide online channel
- Content co-ordination from advertisers.
- Plan and deliver all social media for The Southampton Guide social channels: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube.
- Create PR responses and campaigns.
Another flagship product, we have built The Southampton Pocket Guide into a destination brand over the past 8 years. Our pride and love for the city of Southampton has fuelled our passion for creating inspirational content to showcase what there is to see and do.
The Southampton Pocket Guide remains as the leading and official visitor guide to the city supporting the visitor economy and raising the profile of the city and its businesses.
We never see an sales or advertising campaign as a one off. We build relationships with our advertisers and work within them through the guide to add value to their business.